CentOS System Administration Essentials Pdf Download
CentOS System Administration Essentials Pdf download is the Programming Tutorial pdf published by Packt Publishing Limited, United Kingdom, 2014, the author is Andrew Mallett. CentOS System Administration Essentials PDF Ebook is Become an efficient CentOS administrator by acquiring real-world knowledge of system setup and configuration with ISBN 10: 1783985925 , ISBN 13: 9781783985920 in English with 174 Pages.
CentOS System Administration Essentials (Paperback) PDf Tutorial Description Description
Become an efficient CentOS administrator by acquiring real-world knowledge of system setup and configuration
About This Book
- Centralize user accounts in openLDAP and understand how Directory can be at the back-end of many services
- Learning Puppet to centralize server configuration will free up your time as configuration is handled just once on the configuration server
- A step-by-step guide that covers the very popular Linux Distribution CentOS 6.5 with easy-to-follow instructions.
Who This Book Is For
If you are a Linux administrator who is looking to gain knowledge that differentiates yourself from the crowd, then this is the book for you. Beginners who have a keen interest to learn more about Linux administration will also progress quickly with this resourceful learning guide.
What You Will Learn
- Conquer the command line using shortcuts in the shell and within the editor Vim
- Analyze the booting of CentOS utilizing MBR, GRUB, and Plymouth
- Gain an understanding of the filesystem structure of hard links, inodes, and data using stat and ls
- Manage your software installations with YUM
- Handle your services as they begin to migrate from System V scripts
- Establish centralized account information using openLDAP directory services
- Centralize the configuration management of CentOS using Puppet, enabling updates from Puppet Master to be distributed to the clients
CentOS is widely respected as a very powerful and flexible Linux distribution, and it can be used as a web server, file server, FTP server, domain server, or a multirole solution. It is designed to handle the more demanding needs of business applications such as network and system administration, database management, and web services. CentOS is self-sufficient and fast while working, with the added benefit of global acceptance as a large number of the world's web servers run on it.
This book not only concentrates on the basics, but also supplements your existing knowledge on subject areas that are important in the Enterprise market, such as directory services, security configuration management, and web-based architecture. By the end of this book, you will be able to manage an Enterprise Linux network focused on management-centralized configuration, user management, and filesystem enhancements by covering everything from the latest filesystem advances with BTRFS through to learning about the new web server on the block—Nginx.
CentOS System Administration Essentials (Paperback) PDF Tutorial Author
Andrew Mallett has worked in the IT field for more years than he cares to mention, well, since 1986, and with Linux technologies in Red Hat Linux 7 since 1999. Not only does he have Linux skills and certification, he consults and teaches Linux and other technologies and has had a book published with Packt Publishing on Citrix. He has also been an active participant in support communities, and works as a volunteer sysop on the SUSE Linux instructor to help, support, and develop the official Novell SUSE curriculum worldwide. Andrew currently works for his own company and can be contacted at http://theurbanpenguin.com and @theurbanpenguinon Twitter. Video courses on Linux that he has published can be found at http://www.pluralsight.com.